Man Overboard!

A place to hang my shit.

Happy Mother’s Day (yesterday)

Posted on May 11th, 2009 in coolness, family, holiday, photography, Random thoughts, wife by g-man || 14 Comments

For all of you mothers who I failed to acknowledge yesterday, Happy Mother’s Day!!!

I honored my wife by grilling burgers, putting away laundry, making the bed and with a card. I also took her, my other favorite mother (Esmerelda) and her mom out to dinner. It was a very nice day. The kids sang in church, and our girls promised to help in a number of areas so that mommy could have a nice relaxing day.

Saturday I spent the morning with my younger son at his Young Marine encampment at a local National Guard post. While I was there they did the leadership training course (a set of 8 obstacles to overcome with limited resources). It was pretty cool to watch the young men and women overcome and accomplish these tasks.
[svgallery name=”ym509″]

14 responses to “Happy Mother’s Day (yesterday)”

1. Gramps says:

Now it’s time for all those spoiled mothers to get back to work!

g-man reply on May 12th, 2009 7:52 am:

LOL. I’m just waitin’ for father’s day.

2. Lynda says:

Now, weren’t you being a good husband!

g-man reply on May 12th, 2009 7:52 am:

Yup I was! :)

3. mackey says:

I think us Mothers should have Mothers day every Sunday! I mean….you can leave out the gifts but I liked having brunch & dinner made for me….and cleaned up after too!!!!

g-man reply on May 12th, 2009 7:53 am:

You keep holding on to that dream. :)

4. FarmersWife says:

Wow! What an adventure! Though, you didn’t have/get to participate?? LOL That looks like a great program!

And, Happy Mother’s day to all the mom’s you know and thanks for poppin’ in at my place to share the same!

g-man reply on May 12th, 2009 7:55 am:

No I didn’t get to play, just took pictures. It is an interesting program to be sure.

You’re welcome.

5. kcinnova says:

The Young Marines program looks like a good one. SuperDad is planning to go on a Cub Scout campout next weekend with SnakeMaster. We are happy campers, but I don’t know how he will do with the Cub Scout format. My dh was never a scout. It might just drive him crazy.

Good job on taking care of business on Mother’s Day! :)

PS: I agree with Mackey!

g-man reply on May 12th, 2009 7:58 am:

It is a good program for cultivating discipline and leadership. We have some Scout friends and on the last trip I heard about they got to make a catapult and got to fling stuff for distance. That was pretty cool. Good luck to SD and SM.

I do what I can ;)

6. Dana says:

Confidence courses are AWESOME!

You were quite the nice Mom’s Day provider!

g-man reply on May 12th, 2009 7:59 am:

It was really cool.

I am at that ;)

7. Esmerelda says:

A good hubby and a good friend! :-D Thanks again. I was in no mood to treat MY mother to dinner.

g-man reply on May 12th, 2009 8:00 am:

I do try, and you are more than welcome.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if you would invite her to come too or not. It was 50/50 in my book.