Man Overboard!

A place to hang my shit.

Drinking excessively

Posted on June 1st, 2009 in health, Life in general, party, Random thoughts by g-man || 24 Comments

It seems as though I forgot the warning about my medication of no excessive drinking. It came back to bite me in the ass on Saturday. Friday night we went to a happy hour at a neighbors, my lovely wife made sangria, it was really good. I had about 10 glasses. I might have been drunk. I woke up the next morning in need of some Motrin!. Once that started working we went to breakfast at our local coffee place, and the afore mentioned lovely wife went on an overnight shopping trip to VA with Builder Mama.

It hit me at the 12:30 soccer game where Princess Drama Queen was actually participating and doing well and not complaining that she wants to go home and never play soccer again. After half time I realized that I was feeling queazy. By the time the game was over I wanted to lean over the fence and barf, it was an interesting drive home.
zgi_0230.jpg

I felt better after laying down for a while, and decided to take some Pepcid. That was a big mistake, as soon as it hit my gut, everything came back. I did feel better afterwards though, so I decided to do some lawn work. Big mistake #2. I immediately felt awful again. I relaxed for a while and felt better, well enough to finish the lawn, or so I thought. Half way through mowing my neighbor wanted to introduce me to his friend. As we were chatting on the street I was feeling nauseous. Fortunately it was getting late and I was losing daylight, so I excused myself, started the mower went behind the bush on the side yard and yacked what little was left in my stomach. I finished the yard though dammit.

Sunday I continued to feel like crap all the way through church. Joy. I had some Shrek Chicken Noodle soup, cause yanno, that’s what we had. for lunch and I felt somewhat better. I spent the rest of the evening resting and trying to keep hydrated.

I hope your weekend was better.

24 responses to “Drinking excessively”

1. Lynda says:

Your weekend sounds MUCH better… minus the barfing, of course. Love the comments on Princess Drama Queen…just wait…

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:34 am:

Oh I cant wait to have two teenage girls..

2. kcinnova says:

10 glasses of Sangria? I can see the problem…
    My meds say “avoid alcohol” ….yeah, right.
    Glad you made it through the soccer game.

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:35 am:

After all that I think I’ll pay more attention to the warning labels. I probably ought to re-read them to see if there is anything else I am missing :)

3. gary says:

Ten? I remember 12 g and ts when I was in college. Tis rare these days to have more than one, however….

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:35 am:

I know how it goes, those were the old days, now we are just older.

4. You and Mr. Mayhem should party together……you seem to have the same partying style! :)

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:38 am:

Of course my staying as late as I did was against the direct advice of my wife, so she has no sympathy for me. I’m sure partying with the Mayhems would be a total hoot.

Thanks, glad to be feeing better.

5. hope says:

Geeeeez Scott…

owie.

but gotta love the tenacity!

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:38 am:

As the saying goes, Drive on.

6. Builder Mama says:

Dude, I’m so sorry I missed out on the barfing. But thanks for loaning me Lovely Wife for the shopping trip, it was a lot of fun. Did she give you the CD I left for you in your car? I need to email you the playlist, but it’s a good one. Love ya, mean it!

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:41 am:

I’m sorry that you missed out on it too. I’m glad that you guys had a good time. Yes I got the CD, it is the same play list that I used to make the last album cover? Love ya too, and thanks.

7. Esmerelda05 says:

Holy CRAP.

I think it is also ’cause you’re old.

Lovely Wife reply on June 1st, 2009 9:08 pm:

You are one cruel woman :)

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:42 am:

That’s harsh, but I can still whoop you ;)

8. Jay says:

Way to man up and finish the yard dude. After the first puking incident I would have just checked to see what was on cable and called it a day. haha

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:47 am:

Thanks Jay, but I did spend a lot of time on the couch. If I had it to do all over again, I think I might take your advice.

9. Lovely Wife says:

I have only known you to barf twice in the 11 years I’ve known you. Both times I left you alone and went away for the weekend. Hmmmm…..

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:48 am:

I’m sure there was a third time in there somewhere when you were actually home. Maybe?

10. Aunt Jackie says:

It is very rare that I drink excessively. I just don’t like alcohol that much. When I have done this, however, it usually turns into a nice nasty puke session for me.

It’s because I mix bad things:

1. Budweiser and Champale
    2. White Russians and Corona
    3. Tequila and whacky-tobaccky lol ;)

BTW: Your “Ask AJ” will be up at Midnight (scheduled post).

If you still wanna know haha

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:50 am:

Pukin sucks which Is why #3 sounds like the best idea. :) I’ll be looking for my answer then :)

11. Dana says:

Ummmm … g-man? Those warning on those prescription labels? They usually know what they’re talking about!

g-man reply on June 2nd, 2009 7:51 am:

Yeah I know, but after the third drink I completely forgot about them. :/ I will have to reevaluate my drinking scheme.

12. Gadfly says:

Sounds like a little Zantac along with the Motrin might have been a good idea. That was a very unhappy tummy.